Online slots don’t come much more epic than our Spartacus: Gladiator of Rome title. If you like your history, you’ll enjoy delving deep into the legend of Spartacus, the best-known leader of the gladiator rebellion in Ancient Rome.
Featuring a unique layout of two reels (5x4 and 5x12), you might be somewhat confused as to how this iconic slot works. That’s why we’ve put together a Spartacus slot review to help you understand the ‘Colossal Reels’ game dynamics, as well as the in-game bonus features.
Spartacus slot tips
First things first, it’s important to discuss the unique Colossal Reels feature. The slot action takes place across two sets of reels, with the number of combined active paylines totalling 100. The left-hand set of reels features five rows, while the right-hand set of reels has an imposing 12.
At first, you might be confused as to how the two sets of reels work together, but you’ll soon see that stacked reels on the left-hand reels immediately transfer over to the Colossal Reels, expanding and taking over the entire reel to maximise your winnings!
If you wish to unlock the main in-game bonus feature, the Free Spins game, you must land the Colosseum scatter symbol on reels one, three and five. As there are two sets of reels in play, it’s possible to land many more than three. If you land five scatters across both sets of reels, you’ll automatically trigger 20 free spins and a 20x win multiplier for all your bonus winnings.
If you land three scatters across both sets of reels, you’ll earn eight free spins, each with a 2x win multiplier. Meanwhile, those who lock in four scatters across both reels will win 12 free spins with 5x win multipliers.
- The Spartacus wild is highly influential during the Free Spins bonus. It can stack on the main set of reels, transforming all four positions into wilds.
- This will also transfer to your Colossal Reels, resulting in a 100% wild reel!
- Keep your eyes peeled for the Colosseum scatter during the bonus – land three or more during a free spin will trigger additional free spins.
If you bag one of the maximum jackpots within the Spartacus slot, you’ll experience gold and silver coins flying across the screen with the words ‘Super Big Win’, followed by your winning jackpot amount.
How to play Spartacus video slot?
Firstly, let’s familiarise ourselves with the main symbols within the base game of the Spartacus slot. Of course, Spartacus appears himself as a wild, along with two other gladiators and here are the remaining symbols to look out for:
- A lion
- A gladiator helmet
- A sword
- A pink diamond
- A purple club
- A red heart
- A blue spade
You can start playing the Spartacus slot at Wink Bingo from as little as £0.50 per spin, up to a maximum bet of £250 per spin. This means that Spartacus caters brilliantly for both novice slot players and seasoned iGamers with sizeable bankrolls.
It’s also worth keeping in mind that Spartacus is not a progressive jackpot slot, so don’t keep spinning expecting to trigger eye-watering cash prizes at random. However, the game’s maximum jackpot of 500x your initial wager should be sizeable enough to keep you interested.
If you like video slots that offer gameplay convenience with autoplay functionality, you’ll love Spartacus. You can program the slot to spin up to 100 times just by clicking a button or two. If you are also wondering how volatile the Spartacus slot is in comparison with other popular slots at Wink Bingo such as Vikings, Ted or Starburst slot, the Spartacus RTP is 95.94%, ensuring your money will last whilst chasing those 500x max jackpots.
How to increase your chances to win at Spartacus?
Spartacus doesn’t contain any progressive jackpots, instant cash wins or pick-me-style bonus games, so this slot is all about its free spins mode. Ultimately, there is no way to help the Colosseum scatters to appear more frequently on the main and Colossal Reels. However, if you do want to maximise your profits win landing all 20 free spins with 20x win multipliers, you will need to wager higher than the minimum bet to really cash in!
Variants of SpartacusKronos
- Based around Greek mythology, with Kronos said to be the leader of the Titans. A slot that is as equally epic as Spartacus: Gladiator of Rome
- Same 95.94% RTP percentage as Spartacus
- Five-reel, 20-payline setup with the option of betting ‘stake per line’ up to £3
- Land five gold medallion scatters to trigger 100 free spins – 10 free spins for three scatters and 25 free spins for four scatters
- No additional in-game bonus features other than the free spins mode – just like Spartacus
- Another powerful video slot based on ancient history
- Win up to 100 free ‘Spartan Spins’ for landing ten or more Bonus scatters on the reels
- Land ‘Spartan Streak’ wins, complete with additional free spins
- Spartan Streak feature activate throughout – including the free spins bonus – to help generate some massive wins
- An all-action slot from one of the leading iGaming software developers, Blueprint Gaming
You should play this game if…You are a fan of video slots with the built-in Colossal Reels functionality. Although they play like a conventional slot, the additional set of five reels – each with 12 rows – allows you to play across 100 fixed paylines and increase your chances of landing monster wins.
- If you are new to Wink Bingo be sure to check our free bingo offerings for a smooth start.
- Responsive gameplay makes it easy to play on the go via our popular bingo mobile app
- Based largely on the Colossal Reels slots that have been available on land-based casino floors around the world
- Play with additional bonus features on the reels, including stacked symbols and transferring wilds
- Colossal Reels slots also boast lower than average RTP percentages compared with other volatile video slots
- Enjoyable for players with big bankrolls that are prepared to handle big swings (and, hopefully, jackpots!)