Dogs as man’s best friends make wonderful pets. In fact the best pets! Their sense of hearing and smell is far greater than that of humans. If they are trained well, these lovely doggies can work wonders. All we need is a bit of patience and a few handy tips to help us through.
- Do not expect your doggie to be trained in a day. It takes a long time, patience and consistence to make a good disciplined pet. Do not set very high expectations.
- You must initiate activity at all times. You are the master and you must show leadership at all times, apart from all the love and hugging of course.
- Try as far as possible to use the dog’s name when you must give a command.
- Give you doggie a lot of toys to play with when they are puppies. It will help their development and stimulate them. But be sure to take away the toys, when play time if over.
- Teach your pet to patiently wait as you open doors or car doors.
- Always remember that a dog shall always think like a dog.
- Train your doggie to stop any activity on your command.
- Always call your dog to you when you want to hug or pat your pet.
- Decide when bed or piece of furniture in the house, the dog can use and stick thickly through those rules. This rule is important especially if you have a breed like the Golden Retriever who sheds a lot of hair and you have little children at home who could be allergic to this hair.
- Teach your pet to be gentle. Train your dog to take objects from your hands very gently and not as a ruffian.
Care well for your dog as a dog should be for life. And while you gear up for Christmas and get your doggie a Father Christmas hat or an extra special treat, don’t forget to log onto Wink Bingo’s Christmas bingo Specials and find a whole world of brilliant Xmas promotion to make your Christmas this year, that extra special.