A few handy household tips to help you in better housekeeping towards making you a domestic diva.
- Fold your bed sheets, cloth and linen with the folded side facing front, so it is easy to pull out when you wish to do so.
- Store sets of bed linen together. Fold the duvet, bottom sheet and pillowcases together of a set so that when you need them, they shall all come off together.
- Store excess of soaps inside the linen cupboard. The fragrance of the soaps is passed on to the linen and is kept fresh.
- In a house with children, mess accumulates quickly than you can expect. Just clean up as you go. Don’t think, just clean.
- Put dirty clothes immediately in the wash basket and hang clothes up as soon as you’ve taken them off. Encourage your family members to adopt the same attitude.
- Before you start cleaning any room, first remember to tidy it up. After you tidy it up, cleaning it is easy peasy.
- If you drop food on the hob while cooking. Put a pinch of salt on it to prevent it from burning and staining hard further.
- When you stack your plates and want to prevent them from getting chipped or cracked, you must put a paper plate between each of them.
- Use a fire resistant box to keep important documents safe and sound, even in case of emergencies.